Friday, May 13, 2011

Link Love!

Love in the form of cake this week.
Vanilla cake w/strawberry butter cream frosting & strawberry filling = birthday cake for my dad!
If you want the recipe for the cake above, check it out here - it's Martha, natch. I dolled it up with a homemade strawberry filling and strawberry buttercream frosting.

* Gender Across Borders ran a wonderful series this week on feminism and agriculture. While all of the posts were interesting, this photo essay of women and their farms in the US really pulled me in. Maybe it's  because I have secret dreams of becoming a farmer and I could live vicariously through these pictures for a bit.

* This past weekend I finally got to try some cereal milk ice cream in the form of a milkshake from Momofuku Milk Bar. It was divine, and I'm currently plotting ways to make my own at home...

* My friend and old co-worker Jessica has a blog that's always good for a chuckle. Calling herself The Poopie Queen, Jess writes about life with twin girls and a baby boy and...poop. There's so much more, however, and you'll find yourself laughing along and nodding your head in agreement reading her thoughts and observations.

I love books. I love to laugh. This website provides the best of both worlds.

If I was 15 again, I would so go to Girl's Rock Camp and sing off key and be all bad ass.

The weather this week has been the kind where all you want to do is roll down your windows while you drive and belt out something fun, regardless of who stares. This week's song that sings to me is just that kind of song. So, roll down those windows and sing along with the Carolina Chocolate Drops!

1 comment:

Poopie Queen said...

Thank you so much for your shout out!